Best Lenses for Macro Photography.

Home Forums School of Photography Forum Best Lenses for Macro Photography.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Marc Wilhelm Marc Wilhelm 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Saurabh
    Participant

As there are many macro lens but I want to know what are the necessary or to be more correct “MUST HAVE” lenses for this genre of photography…

John
    Participant

It really depends on what kind of camera you have since some manufacturers only make lenses for a specific brand. However if I had to chose a “MUST HAVE” lens that fits most camera brands I’d go with Zeiss 100mm F/2 Makro Planar, but at 1800$ it’s not for everybody.

Jill Spencer
    Participant

Yes for the most versatile macro lens I’d also suggest 100mm. With a 100mm macro lens you can get distant enough from what you’re photographing to avoid blocking the light. Might want to look at the much cheaper Sigma 105mm f/2.8 EX alternative.

Saurabh
    Participant

Well I’m talking about popular brand like Nikon & Canon ,since both are competitive in the market and both launches similar type of lenses that suits their products ..So theoretically all lenses they launches coincide(name and number) with both the brand only difference is that the lenses play to their respective product only.

I want suggestion like is 50mm is better than 75mm macro lenses with similar focal point.(F2.8).

Marc Wilhelm
    Participant

It is very difficult to say which one is better as each spec serves a particular purpose.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.