Capturing moving objects

Home Forums School of Photography Forum Capturing moving objects

This topic contains 7 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of marcel marcel 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Tom Northrop
    Participant

How to capture moving objects without the blur in the image? I have tried adjusting the shutter speed.

John
    Participant

The higher the shutter speed, the more likely it is that you’ll get a clear image of something in motion. That being said, most cameras have a sport or an action mode, this is ideal for amateurs because we don’t need to adjust the settings manually.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by Avatar of John John.
    Tom Northrop
    Participant

Thank you, John. I hope to get some good action photos very soon.

Rich
    Participant

Panning is a useful technique. All you have to do is just set your camera to a low shutter speed, probably 1/60 of a second. Press down the trigger and track your object with your camera and when you hear a clicking sound, there you have it.

Sylvia
    Participant

A lot of practice goes into clicking a perfect frame of moving objects.

Marc Wilhelm
    Participant

Never tried taking such photographs for the sheer fear of failure…..will try to get some soon.

biggles
    Participant

It’s never been my strongpoint if I’m honest. Adjusting the shutter speed does help a lot of the time in reducing motion blur, but it’s really hard to get that crisp, sharp look as it were stationary.

marcel
    Participant

If I want to, I’ll just crank the shutter speed right down to one of the lowest settings and try frame it right. I think some of the blur effects that people do are really artistic, where everything seems stretched. I guess you could do that when editing it though.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.