Grid

This topic contains 5 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Tom Northrop Tom Northrop 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    carolina
    Participant

Do you use the 9 box grid when taking photos?

I think the rule of thirds is really important for composition and use it almost all the time.

mikolaj
    Participant

The rule of thirds is very important for composition, it can sometimes make or brake a photo. However, I can often tell where the grid lines are, I’ve gotten used to it now. If I’m taking wedding or event photos, I’ll put them on though.

lunar
    Participant

I use it most of the time. I use it a lot for landscape photo’s to make sure the horizon line is aligned right in the photo along with other elements. It helps produce a better looking image.

biggles
    Participant

I didn’t know it was on my DSLR until a few months ago. I knew all about the rule of thirds, but I never knew most DSLR’s had it built in. It’s such a handy feature.

John
    Participant

Sometimes I do, sometimes I don’t. Rules are meant to be broken, this applies to every discipline. Of course the photographs turn out horrible sometimes because of this, but I managed to get some unique shots as well.

Tom Northrop
    Participant

I use them most of the time as it reduces the risk of turning my projects into a disaster.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.