Myth about DSLR vs HD

Home Forums School of Photography Forum Myth about DSLR vs HD

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of John John 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Tom Northrop
    Participant

DSLR indicates the camera design whereas HD stands for High Definition, which has many different meanings and is mostly a marketing ploy for various technologies – in the case of moderns cameras and camcorders, it’s usually referring to the ability to record High Definition video which is the higher resolution standards for video. Higher resolution means better picture quality, provided that you own an HDTV to view it.

Most of the latest generation DSLRs record HD video, so the two are not mutually exclusive features of a given camera.

Rich
    Participant

yeah, it is a tactic or marketing keyword, similar to mega pixels and digital zoom. Majority of the beginners fall for it

lunar
    Participant

I love the fact that most modern DSLR’s record in full HD. Combined with fantastic image resolution and a 1080p video function, they’re amazing for taking on the move. I actually prefer them to prosumer camcorders for filming!

John
    Participant

I never trusted a DSLR that also recorded video, I want it to be fined tuned and built for a specific purpose, which is to take photographs. If I want to make a video I’ll buy a video camera.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.