Photography as a job?

Home Forums School of Photography Forum Photography as a job?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of lunar lunar 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    biggles
    Participant

Do any of you have the privilege of having photography as a job? I currently don’t but I’m hoping one day I’ll be able to turn it into a job. I’ve tried selling photo’s online, but it’s not very profitable compared to working for a company.

marcel
    Participant

I’m currently happy having it as a hobby right now rather than a job. I would like to do it as a job though. I know some people who do pretty well in photography and some who struggle. There are various factors to it as well.

Rich
    Participant

Two of my cousins took photography seriously and now they are working for ad agencies. Interestingly, one of them switched his career when he is approaching his late 30s and now is happily ever after…

John
    Participant

I’m contempt with it being a hobby. Doing it as a job means you have obligations tide to it, working in a studio taking shoot after shoot,might make you disillusioned with the whole art form.

Tom Northrop
    Participant

Photography is a passion for me and I would not want any strings attached to it.

Sylvia
    Participant

I work part-time as a photographer but photography is primarily a passion for me.

Marc Wilhelm
    Participant

Photography is a hobby for me.

mikolaj
    Participant

I’m happy with keeping photography as a hobby right now. It never crossed my mind to sell my photos, I like sharing them on the internet much better. I want everyone to see my work, not for a few to buy it.

lunar
    Participant

I don’t know if I’d like to do it as a job. It might ruin photography. If your worrying about what your boss think of the images or just can’t seem to get good shots… The pressure and worries could put you off it. I’d rather keep it a hobby.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.