Question regarding wedding photography?

Home Forums School of Photography Forum Question regarding wedding photography?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Marc Wilhelm Marc Wilhelm 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Tom Northrop
    Participant

So, I kinda shot my first wedding a couple of weeks ago, and it went fairly well. There were, however, a few things that came up as an issue. The mother of the bride was in charge of food, so I suggested we do family shots first, then the bridal party, groom and groomsmen, group shot and then the bride a groom together before we ran out of natural light. I figured this would make sure that everyone would be taken care of in order of commitment to the wedding photos. What ended up happening is the mother of the bride ended up getting frustrated because the guests had finished or had no interest in their horderves and wanted to get their main meals. So, we ended up with very few shots of the bride and groom together. Is there a better way to do this so that it’s broken up a little bit more? They were very adamant about not seeing each other before the ceremony and I have another wedding coming up in a week. I just want to see what great tips I can get from you guys. I really appreciate it all!

John
    Participant

I have a few friends who work weddings, they usually schedule about an hour for the pictures after the ceremony ends at the church. The gardens surrounding most churches make for excellent backgrounds, or so I’m told.

Sylvia
    Participant

I’m shooting a friends of a friends wedding for free, I’m looking for some advice from a wedding photographer so I know exactly what I’m doing on the day.

Also, should I use my tripod in the church/hall?

Can you take wedding shots in a registry office?

What’s the best type of shots, candid or posed?

Rich
    Participant

A whole lot of planning goes into taking wedding photos. It is better to catch all the action on camera and then go for the posed ones.

Marc Wilhelm
    Participant

Always preplan such shoots especially the space involved. You can take the required equipment as per the area for movement.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.