Stock photos

Home Forums School of Photography Forum Stock photos

This topic contains 9 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of carolina carolina 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    carolina
    Participant

Does anyone on here sell stock photos on sites like Shutterstock and iStockPhoto etc…?

I’m signing up on some of these sites just now as I’ve got some really good images that I’m hoping can be shared and also earn me a few extra bucks.

Does anyone have any advice about it?

Thanks.

biggles
    Participant

I’ve got some up on iStockPhoto but I don’t get many sales. I actually prefer uploading them on places like Flickr and deviantart where people can view them for free. People charge way too much for stock photos online anyway.

marcel
    Participant

I’ve never thought about putting any of my images up for sale. I had a quick look through some of the sites you mentioned there and as biggles pointed out, some of the images are really expensive. I couldn’t see myself buying any of them for that price.

John
    Participant

I tried it once, but I only a got a few sales. The problem might have been that I never uploaded my best work, since I prefer to keep those for myself, maybe handing out a few prints to friends and family.

Tom Northrop
    Participant

I concur with all of them. I would prefer to gift it to someone who loves my photographs.

Rich
    Participant

I do not know if I could fix a price for my photographs but surely would put them up for sale as I am quite inquisitive to know what they are worth.

Sylvia
    Participant

I do not mind earning a few bucks by selling my photographs.

Marc Wilhelm
    Participant

I have not tried any of these sites but surely interested to do so in the future.

marcel
    Participant

Ok, just signed up there for the site and uploaded some of the photo’s I took when I was on holiday. Listed them up pretty cheap. Not expecting much, but we’ll see what happens.

carolina
    Participant

Ok, good luck Marcel!

I uploaded some of mine a couple of days ago, and haven’t had any sales yet. I’m not too fussed about it and looking at them just now, a lot of the other photos are a lot better.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.