Street photography

Home Forums School of Photography Forum Street photography

This topic contains 9 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Garry Jones Garry Jones 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Sylvia
    Participant

How many of you have attempted street photography? I am not confident at pulling such stunts.

Rich
    Participant

I have taken snaps of street vendors and children playing on the streets. They have come out really well capturing their mood.

Marc Wilhelm
    Participant

Mine were not that good but still it was a good try. It is a real challenge to click and capture what we need.

John
    Participant

I enjoy the taking night time shots from a vantage point, I think these kinds of photographs reveal a part of the city most of don’t even realize is there.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by Avatar of John John.
    marcel
    Participant

I’d love to do some night time city photos, John. I’m not that experienced in shooting in low light conditions though, so the photo’s would most likely end up coming out pretty poor.

John
    Participant

You’d be surprised how easy it is, especially with a DSLR. You just need to tinker a little with the settings, something most of us do anyway. The ISO should be set to high, preferably above 1000, the aperture should be set to wide angle -around f/2.8, and the shutter speed should be set to low -around 30 seconds, these combinations help to maximize the amount of light that reaches your cameras sensor.

marcel
    Participant

I’ll keep them tips in mind, thanks John! I would also like to experiment with getting the blurred lights look. Where all the lights seem stretched, I think this with lots of cars looks great. I take it a low shutter speed would help accomplish this?

lunar
    Participant

I love seeing them types of shots too marcel. Especially when it’s dark and you see the shots of the cars on the road, but you can’t make anything out from the lights being stretched out. I’ve never done it myself, but I’d imagine a low shutter speed would be essential. You can always re-touch it in Photoshop.

John
    Participant

Yup a long exposure shoot would be ideal in that case Marcel, however make sure to have a good tripod because it’s impossible to get a clear shoot without it at those exposure times.

Garry Jones
    Participant

Yes, I have captured some street photographs of kids playing there. Here, I’m sharing a street photography tip with all, hoping it’ll be helpful –

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attched files.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.