What got you into photography?

Home Forums School of Photography Forum What got you into photography?

This topic contains 13 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of NPN NPN 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    mikolaj
    Participant

For me, I always loved seeing lovely looking landscapes and it’a what inspired me to go and get my first ever proper camera. I always encourage my friends to get into it too.

lunar
    Participant

I’ve always admired good looking photographs. No particular person or photograph inspired me to get into photography, I just thought I’d start it as a hobby one day and fell in love with it.

carolina
    Participant

I remember seeing macro photography and thinking how cool depth of field looked. I messed around on my iPhone with all the annoying automatic features and got some basic depth of field. That was introduction to photography for me!

Rich
    Participant

I was initially interested in painting and them moved on to photography. My family members are my greatest inspirations and got me into this hobby, two of them do this for living and work for ad agencies.

flash
    Participant

I love shooting things that inspire me and others. Photography allows me to see the world in other views and angles I might have missed otherwise.

John
    Participant

I see photography as a means of expressing myself, unfortunately I have no other artistic talents so I spend a lot of time trying to express myself through my photographs. I also use it to keep a visual journal of my life and experiences.

Tom Northrop
    Participant

Photography for me is a form of liberating my ideas, freezing it on celluloid (now of course it is digital), seeing the world through the lenses of my camera.

Rich
    Participant

I love painting and this led me eventually to photography.

NPN
    Participant

A photo is more worth than a thousand words … Communicating through photos is a great art which developed a special interest in me on photography …

Sylvia
    Participant

I express my thoughts through my photographs….

Marc Wilhelm
    Participant

My father had a great interest in photography and I inherited those from him.

marcel
    Participant

I really like the description that Sylvia gave. I like to tell my life story in photographs. It also appeals a lot more to people :P I got into photography from a young age, after seeing some close up shots on plants.

lunar
    Participant

NPN, I believe the original quote was a painting tells a thousand words or something along those lines. I’d say a photography tells a million ;)

NPN
    Participant

Lunar, the original quote was “A picture is worth a thousand words…” by Napoleon Bonaparte…
    But hope we believe in the meaning .. :)

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.